Monday 10 November 2008

Two defeats in two for the mighty Villa...

Something I haven't mentioned on this blog yet is that I am a very, very sore loser at the best of times. I am an even worse loser when there is so much potential that isn't being fulfilled. I am an even worse loser still when there are not one, but two opportunities to break the top four and Aston Villa manage to waste both of them.

Okay, we are doing well in the Uefa Cup. And we still sit fifth in the Premiership even with the two defeats. But we are still supposed to be the favourite club to get into that top four and how are we ever going to do that if we can't deliver consistently?

That is the thing that Villa have always lacked. Consistency. And whilst I am going to remain optimistic, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come from Martin O'Neill's men. It's the Newcatles and the Middlesbroughs that we really need to be beating if we want the games against teams like Arsenal and Manchester United (our next two fixtures) to count for something.

No comments: