Monday 8 December 2008

Ashley Young 1 - 0 Everton

For the first time since the final whistle last night, I believe I am now able to write a proper post about the stunning 3-2 victory against Everton without it looking like this...

'Ohhhhhhhhhhh mmmyyyyyyyy liiiffeee what a goooaaallll Ashleyyy Young! Ashleyyy Younnngggggg!!!!!'.

I use the word 'stunning' not because it was a brilliant performance, but because of the nature of the way in which we won it. Some say we didn't deserve the win, others say 2-2 would have been a fair result, I say an Everton victory would have been most fair. However, as much as they pressured, they still made huge errors which we managed to capitalise on.

The title of this post is a dedication the one man in the team that keeps on proving exactly why he is regarded as one of the most exiting young talents this country has to offer. His first goal was an excellent finish and the second was nothing short of incredible. To take the ball around a player like Lescott and finish the ball so beautifully, less than a minute after your team has snatched one point from the jaws of three just goes to show why we love Ashley Young so much.

As far as performances go, we'll need to improve before next week's trip to Bolton, but I'm sure Martin O'Neill knows this and I still have faith that we'll come good.

6 comments:

Jack said...

I fell asleep with the TV on last night and woke up to "Young! He's done it!" Happiest moment of my life.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable stuff! I'm not even a Villa fan but can't argue that that was one of the best finishes to a game I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Ashley Young is ace

Anonymous said...

Heaven has opened!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, i'm a Birmingham fan, and I don't think Villa played that well. But in all fairness, Ashley Youngs goal was very good; good little run and a very nice finish. Villa didn't deserve the win really, but they ground it out so fair play.

Anonymous said...

Lescott looked so slow in comparison to Ashley Young's blistering pace; he was unstoppable!