Tuesday 28 October 2008

Carson dreaming of England. And why not?

Former Villa keeper Scott Carson has spoken out about his hope of a recall to the england squad - and I for one wish him well.

Carson did well for us but was reprimanded for his performance against Croatia in England's final Euro 2008 qualifying game. I can not defend the error he made; it was terrible! However I am also under the impression that McClaren made the wrong call in putting him in there for such a crucial game.

He was right to drop Robinson. That is my opinion. But if he is going to drop Robinson for such an important game he should have gone for experience in David James (who has now proven himself of still being a more than capable national No.1).

After this, Carson's form dropped. There is no denying that but I still beieve that he kept us in a number of games, and want to be the first to wish him well if he eventually manages to force his way back in to the England set-up.

No comments: